Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Have Your Cake And Eat It Too


Another wonderful weekend with my boys!  The weekend started early for me – I spent Friday afternoon with Ryan since his nanny wasn’t available.  Made for a long day for me since I snuck in some time at work in the early morning - but it was worth it.  I loved the time with my guy! 

Scott says that I do “girly” things with Ryan, but I don’t think he minds.  We watched Days of Our Lives while we cleaned and baked cupcakes … ok I guess that is a bit “girly” …
Here’s Ryan supervising me while I clean:



Ryan wanted me to make a special cake for his friend Eliana’s 1st birthday party, so we decided to try making “tie dye cupcakes” and a “baby cake” for the birthday girl.  The baby cake is a white cake recipe that is lower in sugar and fat.  And the cupcakes are a blast – lots of work, but they turned out pretty good I think!
Here’s a picture of our finished “product”:




Saturday was a beautiful day for a birthday party!  Ryan couldn’t wait to see the birthday girl Eliana and their friends Elody and Aleks.  We met at a park and enjoyed a picnic lunch and a nice visit.  Ryan loves it outside – he couldn’t get enough of the blanket on the grass.  He even showed off his new ability to sit up on his own.  I think he was showing off for the cute girls!
Here he is with his buddy Aleks enjoying the view of the treetops:



Sunday was another gorgeous day outside so Scott and I got the “Sunday chores” done with first thing so we could head to our favorite Art & Wine Festival.   It’s a fun way to get outside – and we’re allowed to sip on beer and wine while we walk down the street – that’s a fun treat!  Two of our favorite things – drinks and the outdoors! 
Here’s Ryan hanging out while we get our chores out of the way … poor guy got a little sun yesterday!



We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so of course Ryan is a Giants fan!  Here’s my little man tipping his hat – isn’t he smart?  He did that all on his own!


It’s time to head out to the Art & Wine Festival!  Here’s Ryan and I all ready to go:


Now that we have Ryan, there is a lot more of interest to us as we walk through the Art & Wine Festival.  There are some great vendors that make beautiful and unique children’s toys and outfits.  My favorite are the interactive cloth books and cloth toys.  They are adorable – and full of detail.  I’m definitely checking out their website.  There was also a vendor that makes wooden toys.  You just don’t find this stuff in the stores anymore. 

Ryan enjoyed the afternoon too – it was his first time in his stroller without being in his car seat!  My little baby is getting so big! – Only moments ago he was so tiny that even his car seat seemed to “swallow” him! 
Here’s my big boy in his big boy seat:




Ryan’s already pushing 8 months old – time is flying by and we’re having a blast!  Hopefully we all get enough rest this week … Memorial Weekend is a busy one!

… on to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment