Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No Strings Attached


Big news in our household!  We got the results of the April sleep study and Ryan looks fantastic!  No sleep apnea mask for Ryan, what a relief!  We already struggle with the sleep schedule, and since Ryan is not only a “mover” at night, he also a  very content stomach sleeper …we had visions of undoing a ball of wires similar to the infamous Christmas lights every morning.  We are very thankful for this news!

It was another action-packed weekend for Ryan that started with a nice dinner out at a local Italian place – we sat on the cute outdoor patio and enjoyed the perfect weather.  Not a bad way to start my first Mother’s Day weekend!  Ryan loves being outside – though we had to eat our dinner in the usual “shifts”, Ryan was a happy boy enjoying the evening fresh air and sights. 

Saturday was a another hot day – and we had some great outdoor plans in store!  One of Ryan’s friends turned 1 year old on Saturday and she had a birthday party.  Ryan and I met mom and birthday girl Zoe at the Mother’s Group offered by my hospital back in November 2011 and we’ve all been friends since! 

Zoe had a lot of 1 year old friends celebrating with her – and also a couple around Ryan’s age.  Zoe’s parents set up their back yard well pleasing both parents and babies – there was something for everyone!   
Here’s Ryan enjoying the “ball pit”


Ryan loved the grass too – he couldn’t get enough of the sights, smells and sounds from his spot on the blanket.  He even surprised us with a big FIRST!  He sat up all by himself!  I might have helped him into position, but he stayed there and enjoyed his new view all on his own!  We are so proud – he’s getting so strong!


Of course, sitting up isn’t our best “trick” just yet – but we’re getting better everyday. 
Here’s Ryan sitting up on the couch – just getting a little bit of help … my little tank – he’s so strong!





Happy First Mother’s Day to me!  This Sunday was my first “real” mother’s day – though I think that I was a mommy last year too … Ryan was just a lot smaller then … and also much more quiet!  :)
Scott and Ryan started the Mother’s Day love by surprising me with a beautiful arrangement of pink roses!  So light and cheerful, I just love them.


Sunday morning started out right with a trip to Starbucks – lovely morning for a walk! – and to go along with our coffee, some breakfast and mimosas of course! 
Ryan got all dressed up in a “mommy love” outfit for me:



And off to brunch we go … Scott and I met his mom, sister and her husband for a nice brunch downtown.  The food was good, the service was good but what a crazy time and day to go out!  I am not sure brunch is my thing!  I wasn’t too happy being in such a big crowd, and Ryan seemed to agree and/or sympathize – I’m not sure who was more stressed by the crowd, him or me!   Thankfully, good company trumps a crowded room anyway, so we had a nice time!
Here we are at brunch:


After brunch, off to the grocery store for our weekly trip.  I know, we’re a crazy bunch!  Watch out!  And by now, Ryan has pretty much had it with being “out and about” … I’m carrying him through the store – and he’s still on the fussy side … until he spots the balloons.  The store had Mothers Day balloons all over the place and Ryan couldn’t stop talking to them.  Boy, he sure told some a thing or two!  In fact, he liked them so much, we ended up taking one home … here he is enjoying his first balloon …




The rest of the Mother’s Day was spent together at home – relaxing!  Perfect end to a fantastic weekend!
… on to the next adventure!


1 comment:

  1. So happy Ryan's sleep study went well! Lyla has no sleep apnea issues either! Yayyyyyy! He is a cutie pie! Happy First Mother's Day! Your flowers were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete